Wednesday, February 22, 2012

P90X Steak and Arugula Salad Recipe

I love my meat, especially steak.  I really did cut down my steak intake to once a month.  I used to eat it more than 5 times a month. When I do eat steak, I make mine P90X style. I try to look for a lean cut as well.

 I never ate arugula before p90x, but I am eating it more often now.  I probably did have some in a mix salad but not by itself as its own salad. It is so good with balsamic vinaigrette. You dont need a lot of dressing because the flavor of the natural herb gives the salad all the flavor you need.  It has a peppery mustard taste to it. It is a required taste, so I am not going to say that everyone will like it. With that said, do try it at least. I have always said, "Don't knock it til you try it".  I really hate it when people say they hate things that they never tried.  Drive me bonkers!  Well there are exception to every rule tho. For example, I am soooooo afraid of heights, so I am not going to like sky diving unless someone pays me 1 million dollars to do it...lol.

Anyways, this dish is pretty simple but tasty. 


WHAT YOU NEED:

6 ounces top sirloin
2 cups arugula
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette 


HOW ITS DONE:

1) Grill or Broil steak until done, about 7 to 10 minute on each side.
Cool and Cut into 1-inch slices

2) Toss together the arugula, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts and arrange on plates. Top with the steak and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. ( I added carrots to mine)

Per Serving:

398 Calories (kcal)
11 g Total Fat
(42% calories from fat)
38 g Protein
20 g Carbs
87 mg Cholesterol
293 Sodium

Cut the Excess Fat (if any) and Drink with Green Tea ;)

5 comments:

  1. I love the taste of arugula, this is so simple too, thanks for sharing!

    Lovely blog you got here, hope you will come check mines out if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and for your comment :). Ill check yours out as soon as I get my workout out of the way :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE arugula! I used to eat it in the California Wrap when I tried the South Beach Diet. It is soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds yummy :). recipe if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here you go:

    http://www.food.com/recipe/california-lettuce-wrap-south-beach-diet-109594

    Super easy and super yummy!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...