Sunday, February 12, 2012

P90X Vegetable Soup Recipe

So I'm feeling under the weather and I am really craving Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) right now.  I know, I should make a better choice today and make something warm and brothy on my own.  I usually make my Home Made Ginger Chicken Soup when someone in the family is sick, or we go out to eat pho. I didn't have the right chicken parts to make the chicken soup so I looked at the P90X recipe book.

I think I didn't want to make the vegetable soup because the list of produce was insane...but looking back to the other recipes I  have made...this is the norm.  So After a big trip to Trader Joe's, I bucked up and made the soup.  WOW, am I glad that I did. It sure hit the spot.  It is filling and delicious and after the prepping of the veggies...it was just drop it in the pot and stir and wait.  My sister in law once said that I probably can make the best Pho if I wanted to. I think she is right...but for right now, its vegetable soup!


WHAT YOU NEED:


10 Cups fat-free Chicken Broth, low sodium  (Only 2 Cartons of Chicken Broth)
4 Red Potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes  (1 bag of baby red potatoes)
4 Cps onions, quartered  (1 Large onion)
1 Cup carrots, sliced 1 inch thick  (used baby carrots)
3 Cups celery, sliced 1 inch thick  (1 medium stalk and 1/4 stalk)
2 cups zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick  (3 medium Size)
8 ounces tomato sauce, canned  (TJ's organic tomato, tomato sauce)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped (I didn't use any)
dash black pepper (season to taste)

WHAT YOU DO:

1) In a large stockpot, combine the chicken broth, potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery. Bring to a broil, reduce heat to medium-high, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.

2)Add zucchini, tomato sauce, garlic, parsley, and cilantro. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook or 10 to 15 minutes ore, or until the zucchini is just tender. Season to taste with black pepper and serve.

3) If desired, add protein powder just before serving (I didnt do this)


Chop Veggies and Put it in A Pyrex Baking Dish

Stewing :)

(Me) 1 CUP<--------        ---------> 1 Bowl (Hubby)

Add Cayenne to Boost Metabolism (My Way)

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks so delicious! Could you send some my way?? Your cayenne boost makes it look like a kim chee soup, which would be delicious as well!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shipping would be pretty costly...haha. It does look like kimchee, right? lol. Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...