Monday, April 30, 2012

Homemade Recipes: Diet Tacos


 I haven't posted any recipes in a while, so here you go. This is my very filling, easy and healthy taco recipe. Well, maybe not a recipe because I just used what I had leftover in the fridge.  I'm not much of a sauce girl in the first place, so this can be pretty bland for some of you. But I think this turned out really tasty. I didn't add a picture of my jalapenos for heat and flavor tho, because it was an after thought. It taste like chicken with very fresh pico de gallo salsa. :). Enjoy!

WHAT YOU NEED: (got all my ingredients from Trader Joes and chicken from Costco)

 6-8oz of boneless skinless chicken breast
 1/4 cup cucumbers
 1/4 cup tomatoes
 1 Tablespoon red onion
 fresh lemon juice
1 whole wheat flour tortillas

 Jalapenos (optional but recommended) :)
 Aluminum Foil (optional but recommended) for people who hate washing dishes!!

 WHAT TO DO:


Preheat Oven to 350.  I laid aluminum foil in a baking dish for easy cleaning.

             In a baking dish put 2 Tbs of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). Cut your chicken to smaller pieces to cook faster. Bake your Chicken for 15-20 minutes or until its lightly golden brown.
  Chop Chicken like this.
Let it cool to room temp.
Chop Cucumber
Minced
measure 1/4 cup and set aside
Chop Tomatoes (I used pearl tomatoes)
Measure 1/4 tomatoes
Chop a Red Onion
1 Tbs of Red Onion
Whole Wheat Tortilla, Chicken, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Red Onion
Squeeze Lemon Juice
Ta-Da!



22 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! I love this recipe, so easy but seems so tasty. I LOVE pico de gallo, so I'm def adding this to my "must try" list of recipes!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look and appreciate great fashion since I do lack in that department:). Thank you for stopping by my blog as well. Do try the recipe and you can tweak it for your own taste too. Thanks again! :).

      xx,
      kl

      Delete
  2. YUM! That looks really good!! MY family loves this kind of food!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure this is nothing compare to what you can cook...lol.

      Delete
  3. I must try this! It looks so good! And I'm so hungry right now trying to figure out what I'm going to post for my Tasty Tuesday.

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, Do it...and it would be extra good if you put sliced avocados :). to put extra something something...muy Gourmet...lol.

      xx,
      kl

      Delete
  4. That looks soo good! I usually do it without the tortilla, instead I use a big rounded lettuce leaf, so I don't know I can still call it a ''taco'' lol. I have never added cucumber, but I will definitely try it next time I do this, thank you for the recipe! :)

    pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! You can call your taco, "Taco: Protein Style" or Taco Salad...lol. :). BUT the whole wheat tortilla is like 100 calories and whole wheat is good for you especially in moderation :).

      Teehee.

      klee

      Delete
    2. I have tried the whole wheat but I still prefer the regular one, problem with that, is, I can never eat just one :( So I think it's better for me and waist to stay with lettuce leaves lol, it tastes really awesome still :)

      Delete
    3. Totally understand!! If I wasn't on a "diet" I usually eat 6-8 of them...no lie. lol. Great self control and discipline, Girl! :).

      Delete
  5. mmm....It's look so delicious!
    Thanks for sharing:)
    I just found your blog...it's so cute!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    I'm starting and I'm following now on Google Friends Connect:)
    I hope you like my blog too!
    Have a great day:)
    Xoxo
    Mary
    Fashion tea at 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary!
      Best and Warm wishes on great success to your blog!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  6. Your blog is amazing! keep posting! can we follow each other?
    lifeisbetterblondewiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just saved you on bloglovin!!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  7. Oh this looks soooo yummy!
    Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks nice:D haha, gotta try:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, don't forget the jalapenos!!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  9. i LOVE tacos. Now i'm hungry. Wish i had those ingredients avail right now so I could whip them up for dinner hehe.

    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If taco trucks were healthy, I could eat it all day!
      This was my second choice! lol.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  10. It's refreshing to see a delicious looking taco dish that's also healthy. I still have yet to learn how to cook, but I will definitely try this once I learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't really need to know how to cook to make this, just some skill with a sharp knife :). Thanks for stopping by and decided to follow my blog, ill show some love to yours soon!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...