Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Break: Soondubu



For my daughter's spring break we went to Anaheim to take the kids to Disneyland.  While we were in So-Cal, we went to local favorites that is near the happiest place on earth (Disneyland).  I caught a cold during the trip, yet again!  While feeling sorry for my miserable self, I was also craving soondubu. Soondubu is Korean's hot and spicy soft tofu stew. Being that we were really close to the Korean community/Korea Town, we went to one of few places that had really good reviews in Yelp.  I have a favorite restaurant already, but wanted to try someplace new.  We went to a restaurant called Soy Tofu in La Palma, CA. 

Outside of Soy Tofu (duh ;-9)

Seafood Soondubu (Warren's)

Grilled Chicken (kids)


Baby Octopus Soondubu (Mine)
Soy Tofu was okay, I think it was just another ordinary Korean Restaurant.  We went on a Monday around lunch hour as you can see on the nasty date stamp on the photos (forgot to turn it off :) ).  There was only one friendly waitress in the restaurant.  Her co-worker called in and she didn't appreciate that very much. I felt bad for the waitress as I witnessed many crank calls were taken by her.  She looks like an actress from a Korean drama.  Anyways, service with a smile but food is bland and forgettable.

With that being said, we went to another soondubu restaurant the very next day.  We were taking a break from Disneyland, so I really wanted to go back to Kaju Tofu in Garden Grove, CA.  The last time we went to Disneyland, we went there. I wish I went to Kaju the day before. It definitely hit the spot and my craving was satisfied.  The spices and flavor were on point and who cant appreciate free slushie while you wait? Although, it did get all over me thanks to my 16 month old. Overall, quick service, simply because they want you to eat and leave. Seating is limited and this place is known to get busy and overcrowded. Thus, that's where I think the free slushies comes in :). 

Outside of Kaju Tofu
Clay-pot of Rice (Commentary :) )



Bubblin...

Dumpling Tofu (Medium Spicy)




Refreshing Treat while you wait...always a good thing.


I cant get the video that I took in the restaurant with my husbands phone but check out the other people's photos on yelp.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I have a cold! And that soondubu looks like the perfect thing to eat right now! Let's see if I can convince Joey to go pick some up for me. Lol.

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm late, but I hope you feel better! Joey better have made some if he didn't get you any...;p. xx.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...