Thursday, April 26, 2012

Training Time: SF DIVA Half Marathon

Hi Everyone! For the last week I have been trying to train for my half marathon that's coming up next weekend.  I only ran 2 times in the last 5 days though.  Saturday, April 21st I ran 8 miles at the high school track and field and it took me about 1:30 minutes to run it.

My friend, Karen and I ran a "Quarter Marathon" =) yesterday at a lake.  We basically ran 6.55 miles. Our finish time was 1:04:41. She tracked our time with her Garmin Forerunner 405CX.  Need me one of those. Ha! I am planning to get that or a fitbit. Here's my current stats below =).



Timing:
Time: 1:04:41
Moving Time: 1:04:07
Elapsed Time: 1:04:41
Avg Pace: 9:52 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace: 9:47 min/mi
Best Pace: 6:27 min/mi










































Distance: 6.55 mi
Time: 1:04:41
Avg Pace: 9:52 min/mi
Elevation Gain: 72 ft
Calories: 555 C





Laps 7

Split              Time              Distance               Avg Pace
1                 10:21.8                  1                        10:22
2                   9:55.4                  1                          9:55              
3                   9:49.9                  1                          9:50                         
4                 10:01.3                  1                        10:01         
5                   9:46.0                  1                          9:46      
6                   9:39.2                  1                          9:39                  
7                   5:07.4               .55                          9:18

After running with Karen, I feel more at ease. I woke up sore today but less nervous about completing the half marathon.  At first, my goal was to get a great finish time but now just completing a half marathon is a better goal for me at this point. P90X and few mini vacations kinda threw off my training for the half marathon but at least I'm more fit than what I was 6 months ago.  There will be other half marathons and marathons in my near future. I will focus more on my training in those for sure to get a better finish time. As of right now, just crossing the finish line with no injuries is all I'm asking from myself =). Have you guys been in any long distance races before? How do you get ready for them? Thanks in advance!
















3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog!! :)
    Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog and follow if you like!!
    Kisses,
    Chiara

    Books in my bags

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I've never been much of a runner so I've never run any kind of marathon. Lol. Maybe someday...

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...