Thursday, May 3, 2012

P90X White Bean and Tuna Salad- Level I Phase II

I started the P90X program beginning of the new year, but never finished. I only completed 60 out of the 90 day program.. The 60 day mark, was right before my trip to Las Vegas. When I got back from Vegas, I got really sick for 2 weeks (I had the flu and then the cold). I tried to restart the program by doing Week 9 twice once I felt better, but that didn't work out. The first 60 days, I was really gung-ho about it and got fantastic results. Beginning of the last phase, Phase III I got burnt out. The cooking, exercising, training for the half marathon and taking care of the kids took a lot out of me and so I wasn't feeling it anymore.  The honeymoon stage was over, and I got bored.

I have done P90X exercises from the dvds here and there since I stopped but knowing that I didn't actually finish the entire 90 days, I feel like a failure. Therefore, this made me want to redo the whole process all over again.  BUT I am going to wait for the summer break, when Quinn is out of school to do it. That way, Quinn will help me distract and play with Aubree while I cook.

Anyways, here is a quick and easy lunch recipe that I loved eating while doing P90X. Enjoy!


 WHAT YOU NEED:

6 OUNCES CANNED TUNA, IN WATER
1CUP WHITE BEANS, COOKED
1/2 CUP GREEN PEPPER
1/2 CUP YELLOW PEPPER
2 TBS  GREEN ONION
2 TBS PARSLEY
DASH WHITE PEPPER
1 TBS LEMON JUICE
1 TBS LEMON ZEST
1 TSP OLIVE OIL


PER SERVING:


540 Calories (kcal)
7 g Total Fat
(11% calories from fat)
63 g protein
58 g Carbs
51 mg cholesterol
595 mg Sodium


WHAT YOU DO:


1. Place all ingredients in a glass bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.


WHAT I DID:


Chop Vegetables and boiled white kidney beans

Get the tuna, beans and vegetables and squeezed the whole lemon into the bowl. And Mix.

Tried to get a nice picture but grabby hands were in the way
=) LoL there were many more of these.
Perfecto
"Kids Tested, Mothers Approved" - Kix Cereal




12 comments:

  1. I feel you on the whole diet thing. I did this diet called the "healthy skinny girl diet" and its a 30 day process... I got through 2 weeks at most.

    I think I'm going to have to trying again once summer starts and definitely give this recipe a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regardless what exercise program I'm doing...its all about the food I eat tho. Cooking and posting it takes me a long time...haha. Does Healthy skinny girl diet have a certain meal plan you have to follow? I think if there wasn't so much cooking, I think I could do it with ease...lol.

      I will root for you if you decide to redo that program again. Anything that makes you healthy and happy...I'm all for it!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  2. love peppers so I think I'm gonna try it!
    love your blog, would you like to follow each other? I'll be very glad!
    xoxo
    Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabiana!

      Please do follow, I return the favor to whomever supports me!

      xx,
      klee

      ps, lightly salted, fresh cold orange peppers are the best!! If they werent so expensive...I would eat them all day!

      Delete
  3. well you look great, either way! and thanks for posting these recipes... i'm going to have to start trying some! hopefully I can at least half-way pull them off! teehee. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene <3!

      Girl, this is so easy...its just time consuming that's all. You are always so busy already but I know if you have a passion for it, I believe you could definitely do it. With your refined taste, I would love to see how you incorporate decor to your dishes. Something to think about for your blog? lol.

      love you!
      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  4. I think you're awesome for even doing 60 days of it! And um, how cute is your daughter??

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maylee!!

      She is lucky that she is cute, such a trouble maker this one! lol.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  5. p90x kicked my butt!!!! Salad looks delish!

    xo Rachel

    www.glamhampton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel!

      Did you go all the way to 90 days? Results?
      Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  6. This remind me a lot of ''ceviche'', not the one like spicy pureƩ though, but the one with fish small cubes that mum cooks sometimes, it is quite yummy, specially using salmon, I might upload a recipe with it in the future, and perhaps do it myself! Oh, and peppers are awesome! :D

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmmmm....ceviche...mmmmmm....*drool. LOL. My father in law could wipe some great ceviche now and then...its one of my favorite Latino (originally made from Peru, right?) dishes.

      I hope you had a great weekend, Val! Stay Gorgeous!!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...