Monday, October 29, 2012

Makeover Mondays :Loreal Paris Feria DIY dye kits


Box Dyed w/ Salon Highlights (whole head)
I have dyed my hair by myself since I was 8th grade. I believe I was around 13 at the time.  The very first dye kit I used was Clairol's Nice and Easy. Its the one with Ammonia and Lead in it. Things that the scientists found out later on.  Remember, this is around 1995. lol. It took forever to grow out my hair to cut it off. I dyed my hair a shade lighter but I looked like a skunk because the previous color job of blue black I dyed before.
Boxed Dyed with 1/2 head of salon highlights
As years gone by, the hair dyeing kits got better and by experimenting with few brands here and there. I have found a brand that I can rely on. The brand is L'oreal Paris Feria. For $2-3 dollars more, you really do get your moneys worth. I have used platinum blonde to Blackest Black and it has never failed me. I always have used the Permanent Level, so I don't have to dye my hair continuously.  For being a child or being a student, I didn't have the luxury to dye my hair at a professional salon all the time.

<--------To save money, I would dye my hair to a golden brown  and get highlights at a local salon at my hometown. I chose this color because this model was probably the only Asian Model for L'Oreal and she didn't have black hair...lol. When I moved to the bay area, I got a big reality check. The Salons around these parts want 2 to 3 times more than what I would pay around my hometown parents house. It is pretty ridiculous, because I have had my hair done at a high end salon, and I did not like the results at all. What I hate the most, is that the colorist act like they know what they are talking about, but what they do is making my hair look absolutely worse than before. Thinking, the more money I spend the better look of my hair? Wrong! Dead wrong.
 
So after spending around $1000 on colorists...about $120 a process in one year, I threw my hands up. I told my self that, if anybody is going to fuck up my hair again, It will be me. I can't hate myself forever, right? lol.  So I got on the computer to search for great temporary boxed dye kits around. The one that end up buying was THIS:
What it looks like on the front...

Darkest Brown Espresso

Posted on Instagram so I don't chicken out...

Lay out a blanket or a towel that you dont care that it gets stained, on the floor...
Before Straight
Before Curled

Bad lighting, but here is the before picture...
What you get in the box...

Instructions for Dummies...

Gloves Included...

Mix...

Its about to go down!!

YouTube Name is Mrslee2006 Click Video Above





I just haven't found a stylist that I would be a repeat customer to...so this is what I will do in the mean time. 

XX, 

Klee

22 comments:

  1. I love going to the salon to get my hair done - but I hate the prices! I haven't gotten my hair done in a long time because it's too expensive now. And I've never really found any stylist that I liked either. Last time I went to a salon it took about 3 hours. 3 FREAKING HOURS. For a TRIM. Yeah, obviously homegirl must have been an apprentice or something. Imagine if I had gotten my hair colored. I would have been there all weekend. Lol.

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. girl we cant swap hair stories when i call you...gonna cost me a bundle...haha. I think it cost like 10 bucks to talk for an hour, like last time...i want to talk to you more than once or twice a month!! Hurry up and get facetime or figure something out to video chat...im so behind on that kind of stuff...old ass woman i am i tell ya...;P.

      xx,
      twin

      Delete
  2. you look so pretty! love the new color on you! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new color! I used to do it myself, too. It's much cheaper! I use the same brand, it's good! Lately I have found a good salon that will do it for me. I buy my Loreal dye (appr. 11 Euros) take it to the salon and they apply it on me(for 15 Euros)! And thus I get the whole salon luxury treatment and it's cheaper that way. See if you can do it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great Idea! but I'll do it myself...Its more convenient and I don't mind doing it myself. I rather save money to go to an actual Spa to get a scrub and massage;).

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  4. Love it! This looks great on you. I love the color and you are indeed a stylist on your own ways. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh c**p - I use Nice and Easy!!! Am I going to die tomorrow K Lee ...???
    Please tell my Fiancé I love him, but if I can still be saved I promise I will never post a picture of boots or cats on Instagram ever again...!!!! ARGHHH!!!! ;-)

    But no seriously, am I going to die with my head full of lead?

    V xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahahhaaha OMG! that's some funny stuff right there! I don't know if Nice and easy has Lead now, I'm pretty sure they changed the formula since Ive used it...;).

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  6. I like chocolate brown tones on Asian hair. So much more natural and shiny looking. You're looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaning towards chocolate brown next time but I dont know! My hair is so nasty, I need a good trim before I color my hair.

      Thanks Trish!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  7. Hey Long time!!! I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger and Leibster Award
    If if you have been picked you in the past and you don't want to repost please just answer the survey questions bellow in the comment's Hope you are having a beautiful day!!
    http://swbeautifullife.blogspot.com/2012/11/always-winner-lol.html
    I just created a facebook page:
    http://facebook.com/sweetwahine85

    Now following your blog and I will make sure I check out any sponsors or adds on the page! (if any)

    xoxo
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I almost named my daughter Eden...love your name...lol.

      Thanks so much for the awards...yes i have been picked in the past but Ill show your blog some love, follow and answer your questions on the comments!!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  8. Hi K.Lee
    I never change hair color! I haven't confidence to do it by myself but love the way you do it in your hair and good looking color.. it's been long haven't seeing you in the blog but I am glad to say HI again for you. happy weekend Dear..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Well dont ever change your hair color unless YOU really want to. I think your natural dark hair is so beautiful!!

      Have a great weekend yourself!!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  9. Great post, your blog is amazing <33
    Would you maybe like to follow eachother? Love, Anna

    www.movieanne.com (tomorrow it will be changed into www.fashionanna.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to follow you, please follow me via GFC for better traffic to your blog! Thanks!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  10. You look great with both looks ;) , i need to retouch my ombre hair !!!! Xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. my hair grows like weeds so it's a complete waste of money to get my hair dyed at the salon because in 2wks it all grows out. so, i've resorted to box color to cover my grays (yes, i have grays *sniff*). i like color nutriesse foam - it smells good and lasts a long time. $8 is better than $120, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...