Thursday, January 17, 2013

Organization is Key: Kids Room using Sterilite Bins




Hello Everyone!!


I laughed out loud so hard when I saw the ecard above. I can totally relate, I think all parents can. My kids are so spoiled. They are the only grand kids and nieces on both sides of the family. With that said, they get toys and clothes left and right. Last Christmas, I told my family to not give the kids anymore toys or at least nothing too bulky. We just don't have any room or storage for any more than what they have. Like my last post, I have been in a cleaning and organizing frenzy nonstop. I say nonstop because no matter how much I clean, I feel like I continuously clean everyday because my little divas makes horrible messes in every inch of our 2 bedroom apartment. My place looked like it got hit by a pink and purple tornado.

I just couldn't stand seeing all the pink and purple things thrown up in my lil place. My eye twitched so bad and my aura was just very negative. You know the feeling when you just don't feel motivated to do anything in a messy house? Yeah, me too. So I threw out, stored and boxed whatever that kids lost interest in or not in the stage of interest in yet.

As you can see, I love the Sterilite brand :). I prefer them than wood. They are also very affordable and light weight. You see, I rearrange my furniture every two months. Organizing and rearranging is also therapeutic for me. I am a hermit and I need a change of space when I feel claustrophobic. 

Before and After Photos:



Small Sterilite bins are perfect for stacking small toys. Or games that have small pieces. Throw away the original boxes that are different shapes. It looks cluttered. No more tetris playing with boxes to organize anymore. The bad thing, clear see through boxes on high shelves? Not being able to see where things are sometimes. I have yet to label all their boxes, my current labeler sucks rocks.



I had bought two different style white hangers for each girl to be organized. But my husband just hangs the clothes as he reached for any free hanger. That bothered me a lot, so I gave one style hangers away and now they just share one style hangers. (The pink hangers are Quinn's school uniforms.) All books, adults or kids are located in one area of the living room now. Doing so, gave me more room to store their bulky toys, like toy strollers and playhouses.

 

Two Pink Sterilite storage bins for stuff dolls and noise making toys.


 

I put the bunk bed up, perfect for two kids with a lot of toys. The bad part, you don't have two storage places (under the bed) anymore.


They used to have a play area in the kitchen, but I moved all that stuff back in their room.  If I don't feel like cleaning, which happens often. I just throw their things in their room or tell them "Anything you see that's pink or purple, put it in your room...NOW!".


My place is an add-on unit to a house. So there's still a window in the room dividing the kitchen. But now its a perfect place to hang dress up clothes for the girls.


I gave my mom this bulky pink and white toy chest for her house, when the kids visit. I don't recommend this toy chest (Fisher Price) at all, its a space hogger and the lid is a nuisance. It used to be the chest where the kids had their dress up clothes, but it was hard to get to them because the lid was too heavy/bulky. I moved their shoes in their room, it used to be in a narrow hallway.


Its still work in progress, I keep jumping to room to room. Do you got any cleaning or organizing ideas you like to share? Once I have more money saved up, I am going to apply these ideas from Pinterest to my home.

Until next time, Stay Healthy and Fabulous!

XX,
KLee

49 comments:

  1. Following you now. Hope you will do the same. kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your kids' collection of princess dresses and am so jealous that I never had those when I was a kid! My parents used to always say that I was spoiled, but apparently they were all lies because I never had any princess dresses!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Now we know what to get you as a gift Yi-chia! Princess dresses!

      ♥ Duckie.

      Delete
    2. Yi-Chia, I had old school clothes from the 50s for dress up play...i rather had those than these overrated disney stuff...but yes...the kids do love them.

      Delete
  3. Twin, can you please come over and clean my house??? I have not been in any type of cleaning mood lately. Or cooking mood. Or any type of mood for that matter. Lol. I think I just need to buy me a new coffee maker and just haul ass one day and clean. Maybe that'll motivate and inspire me to do more. Maybe.

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much is a plane ticket to get there? I love cleaning other peoples houses...doesnt feel like a chore to me. I would gladly do it if you lived in Cali. lol.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  4. these rooms are gorgeous...love the first pic!
    maybe you would like to follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and I Would love too!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  5. Haha , seems your kids are having super duper fun life :D I used to be so responsible as a kid but now as a big girl , I like to make mess and my mum hates it :D
    You now have a new pinterest follower :D

    Aree With Umbrella
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super ubber organized and neat before kids...I even vacuumed the vacuum. But after kids...I just raised my hands and said oh hell...lol. You have to be more relaxed with kids...they are spill prone beingings. be good to your mother when you can...even if she loves you to death...you mess can make her go nuts...lol

      Thank you for your continuous comments...means a lot to me!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  6. Haha that meme is hilarious!=D I LOVE how you organized everything! The children's closet is beyond cute =D Anyways, I'm your newest follower via google (74) and bloglovin! I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow back? =D

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: Sensiblestylist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I will sure to follow you back! Thanks for the support!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  7. I LOVE ur organization. you are so awesome!!! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, but not as awesome as you...but close. lol.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  8. Love the purple courtains <3 & organization is everything!!!!

    Xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is and I like the curtains too...I put a scarf on top for curtain valance.
      thanks for reading!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  9. I like how you use Sterlite bins to keep your kids' rooms and closets looking so neat and organized. What's nice about these bins is that they're affordable, portable, and easy to work with. I bet the kids love the cute pink bins. :)

    I laughed when you mentioned pink and purple tornado. LOL. I constantly pick up after a tornado here too because of my son. :P

    Thank you for the comment about my Ikea Alex drawer. I can imagine the shorter, wider version of it looking nice with your Micke desks. I've been wanting those desks too. I'll have to wait though.

    Thank you for sharing your storage/organization tips. I wish you a great weekend. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment:). I really do recommend the micke desks...they are not all that bad to put together...:). Ill post pictures if I have any. have yourself a merry happy weekend!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  10. Hello dear!
    i did not know your blog, it's great!
    you have a new follower, follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg so cute wardarobe!!!
    For a little very fashionista princess!!!
    Chiara
    ♡EFFENSHION
    ♡MR.EFFENSHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have better clothes than me sadly. hehe.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  12. The first pic is hillarius! We´re with you on this, organization is key...even more with children! We´re really messy just by ourselves so we can´t even imagine adding some children to that... May be they´ll be more organized than we are! XD

    We like your blog and your kid´s costume wardrobe! Stop by our blog and may be we can follow each other? Let us know!
    KISSES
    http://sharpenstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, I will follow your lead.

      Its definitely hard to be organized if you don't have a good support behind you...;).

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  13. I already follow your blog, now it's your turn :)

    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahahhaha,the first picture is amazing!

    http://www.cristinasurdu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha this quote made me giggle aloud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great. after 2 toddlers I finally realized that BINS were the way to organize!!! We do something very similar! xoxxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Id go crazy with out them, necessity for moms! Great minds think alike!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  17. Oh your kids really go have a lot of toys and clothes!! Looks good now that you've organised their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had the balls, I would throw them away, but people spent good money on them so My conscience makes me hoard more than I want to...:(. lol.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  18. Great tips!!!

    Following here!!

    Sarahvillarim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great blog! I would like to invite you to my blog. Let's follow each other ;)
    xxx from Spain

    *** mydope.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ill follow your lead!!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  20. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill follow your lead!! Thanks for visiting!!

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  21. You did such a great job!It looks really good. I don't have any tips to organize things, since I'm pretty messy myself!Probably as messy as 2 kids! haha Hope you're well. I've sent you an email, perhaps you didn't get it?
    Speak to you soon gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Love!

      No I didnt get your email...ill search for it...Ive been getting a lot of shopping emails lately, I probably over looked yours thinking its one of them...lol

      xx,
      klee

      go clean yo room! teehee

      Delete
  22. Is it just me or is a closet full of tiny little clothes just about the cutest thing ever?? It just makes my heart squeeze...

    xo

    freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
  23. are the sterilite drawers in the closet individual stacked drawers, or a 4-drawer unit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are the 4 stacked drawers, not one individually...but I do take them apart to make them higher than 5 drawer high.

      Xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete
    2. I apologize, they are the 3 stacked drawers I get from walmart or target. I took one apart to add to make 4 or 5 stacked drawers.

      Xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...