Saturday, March 16, 2013

WTF SATURDAY: Google Friends Connect Going Away??

So I really can't say nothing too kind about this topic. I didn't even know I had to write something about this until today...but it was brought to my attention by Elisa over at NAMELESS FASHION BLOG that it is going bye bye. Then I went to Rachael's Blog over at LETTERS from a MERMAID and commented on what she had to say. She even included (specify) that not only that Google Reader is going but the WHOLE GFC option is going bye bye.

It got me thinking that, Yes! Its absolutely gonna suck to lose some of your readers because not everyone is going to follow you back...because majority of my followers has either stopped blogging or don't have a blog. Or just most just asked to add each other just to get a follower...which at first pissed me off but I got over it and just don't follow them as much as I used to when i figured out that its only one sided.

But the thing is...is this a hoax? Google has tried to shut down GFC last year too. My source is HERE. Is this another way to get bloggers united and get this topic trending in other social medias, twitter and what have you? If it is...its smart in their part...but a real inconvenience to bloggers that has to write a HELP Me blog post to keep their blog safe from stray followers.

Well I hope the GFC is not going away. I know majority of bloggers I know rely on this tool, including me. Like  I wrote in Rachael's Comment Space:

"I just heard this from a fellow blogger! I'm so mad about this...wth. It literally took me months to figure out that Google Reader exists. waaaaaaaahhhhh. now its been handy and gonna be gone before i can fully utilize it. blah. Im gonna do a post about this now that I am writing you a big ass paragraph lol. Thanks for the inspiration. But I will follow you...i got yo back!"

Before I knew Google Reader existed...I literally went to everyone on my GFC's Profiles and checked on their blogs that way....WHAT A FRIGGIN LOSER, I was...LOL. BUT thankfully I only had 56 followers then...haha. Still it was a real pain in the arse for me. Definitely TIME CONSUMING. So if the Google Reader goes with GFC...Im a lost duck.

So with all that SAID....PLEASE ADD ME on BLOGLOVIN and FACEBOOK and I WILL DEFINITELY Follow you back! I was like, why is everyone adding to bloglovin all of the sudden...is there a contest? well for the person who always seem to hear things last...this is one news I am dreading.

Well hope you all are having a great weekend none the less. I love all my blog friends and I hope this news didnt hit you as hard as it has on the two ladies I have mentioned above.

Until Next Time, Stay Healthy and Fabulously Sane...

XX,
KLee

20 comments:

  1. Omg!!! It' great!!

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of people blog about this. I don't want to seem dumb, but i don't quiet understand what it means for me and my blog... hope nothing changes...
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yuli!

      You know everytime you ask someone to follow you and they follow you through GFC? well that following option will no longer be available to you. It just means that you have to find another way to find your followers and keep track who follows you.

      I hope nothing changes too. I hope people will fight this enough to let Google know that its important to more people that they thought.

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  3. I hope we won't lose GFC. It's going to suck if we lose it, which I hope won't happen. I opened up a Bloglovin' account a long time ago and ended up closing it. I got so dang confused with that feature. (Takes me a while to adjust to new things. LOL.) It would be hard to understand why they'd take GFC away. It's an easy way to connect and be in touch with other fellow bloggers. Yeah, GFC and Google Reader. I especially like Google Reader for my phone.

    On a completely different note... Which UD palette made a mess in your makeup bag while you traveled? Sorry to hear that happened. It's such a pain when stuff like that happens, especially when it messes up everything else in the bag. Thanks for the head's up about that, except sorry to hear it happened to you.

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend, girl. I am loving your new blog layout, by the way. The font is cute as well as the header image with the blue and green lips. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jannie! Its getting there slowly. I hope it doesnt look to juvenile.

      I was talking about the urban decay book of shadows. not a fav of mine for sure.

      I hope you had a great weekend as well:).

      xx,
      klee

      Delete
  4. Hi Sweetie!

    This is a bad news but I thinks all the bloggers need Start to frefollows since FB:

    This is my FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/RASakuranko

    I´m following you sweetie on GFC and FB. I hope your follow me en FB back.

    xoxo

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh, Google, why are you making life so much more complicating... :(

    By the way, I really love your new layout! <3

    XOXO
    Cherry Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping they don't get rid of GFC!!! Fingers crossed!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am gonna miss gfc if it's gone. It's a shame that google will shut it off. An old follower on bloglovin' :)New like on fb :)

    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard they were closing Google Reader, but I didn't realise that GFC was going with it as well! Crap!!!
    I'm on Bloglovin but to be honest I don't like it nearly as much as Google Reader...GR just seems more efficient and easy to navigate.

    Is Bloglovin really the ONLY way we'll be able to read each others blogs now? It just seems so stupid when blogging has become such a phenomenon... anyhoo I'll be following you on Bloglovin and I'll keep stalking you on Instagram too :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading your post, I decided to do some research of my own. There seems to be mixed information out there.. but I really hope this is not true! I agree with you that most of my readers are from GFC and it would be sad to see them all go. I personally am not that big of a fan of bloglovin, but if I must I will use it I guess...
    I might start following some of my fav. blogs on bloglovin now just to be safe! With that being said, I followed you on bloglovin!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just followed u on Bloglovin'...
    hope you will follow me back!
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3798047/nameless-fashion-blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know. I'm so freakin' pissed that they are disabling GFC! I feel like this was totally uncalled for. I'm glad we can stay in touch via twitter, fb and bloglovin though. You know I'll always be here to support you, girl!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be honest, I think people might be getting a bit carried away and freaking everyone else out at the same time. Google made the announcement that Google Reader is being retired. Google Reader and GFC are NOT the same thing. Google Reader is basically an RSS feed (really old technology). When you follow a blog through GFC, it places the blog into 2 reading lists, your Google Reader and your blog dashboard's list. Only Google Reader will go away. As far as this recent announcement goes, GFC is not going away. BUT, that is not to say that Google won't decide to get rid of it too, but they haven't come out and said it yet! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats so crazy . im more upset about the google reader. i use it to view all of my blogs and many have nothing to do with fashion. sigh. xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was freaking out too when I heard about this GFC going bye-bye.It sure is hard to gain followers and I'm really not into Bloglovin' or other following sites except Facebook and Twitter.So bohoo if GFC will be gone! :( Hope not.


    On the other hand, follow me? :D lol www.pinayontheloose.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not really sure what to do about GFC going offline either. I'm kind of hoping it's a hoax.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe they're getting rid of Google reader, too. Aaaghh! So, I've been using Bloglovin on the computer, and the Pulse app on my phone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...