Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Fit Club: Nike Training Club App


Hello Bombshell Babes!

So Week 3 is here! Wow! Phew...I dont know if its just me but Im feeling lil burnt out...ya know that feeling when you are coming down from a sugar high? oh hold up, wait a minute...no its not that. Over share but lets get real...someone is being visited by mother nature ...:(. Seriously, we girls in the regular (the ones that get their period every 28 days...me) knows when it is coming...Ive been dreading this week. I have been extra fluffy...so I decided that I will not do a weigh in today. I am not gonna get on a scale...nope, not gonna happen. For some reason, I want a Plain Strawberry Pop-Tart. But Wont!

Working out with sore boobs this week...almost got a black eye because the left boob has a mind of its own and wants to grow a little bigger than the right one. What I did was wear the smallest sports bra I own. I need to constraint these fothermuckers down tight. But that didnt help either because I was doing some sort of a Plyometric P90X shit and pop out goes the left boob! I wish say to say it was a nipple slip but no. I was dying laughing so it all worked out in the end for the abs department.  You girls bitch about having small ass titties...just be blessed that you dont have to tie your titties together and throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldiers...because your boobies hang low. oh snap...Im writing a novel again.

Well Well...It's Jessica's turn over at Frikken Duckie this week to write up a post. She's gonna talk about what App she is using and what not...So take it away, Duckster!


So last week, my homegirl Nicole wrote a post about the Nike+ Training Club app and the program she was starting.  I had previously downloaded the app in hopes of getting myself into shape but hadn't done anything more than just browse through the workouts. Yeah, I'm totally the person who will watch fitness videos just to see how much I don't want to do them.

Anyway, after finally signing up for the "Get Lean" program - beginner's level (obviously) - I got off my ass and started Day 1 of the program.  The "Get Lean" program consists of "high intensity body-weight workouts" and I also added running to my program to push myself more and get the most out of the program.  I obviously had no idea what I was getting myself into.
After not working out for AGES, that 30-minute workout killed.  Jogging, burpees, squat  jumps, pushups, kick downs, hip lifts, lateral hops...  And though I didn't actually die, I did puke my brains out twice during the workout. I guess it didn't help that I was eating while I was putting the program together.  And it probably did more harm than good that I took a few sips of vodka right  before since I was planning on just sitting my ass down with a drink and reading all night.  That's just one of the down sides to acting on my spontaneous urges.

The up side is that I finally did it!  My body hates me right now, but I felt more energized this morning and I'm excited to continue  this program.  Okay, wait - that's not entirely true.  Since I added running to my program (like a dumbass), Day 2 of my program is
to run.  Three.  Frikken.  Miles.  Are they frikken crazy or something?  I swear I thought this shit was the beginner's level!?  I can't even run one mile and they want me to run three?  Ho.  Lee.  Crap!

Since I KNOW I won't last three miles tonight, I'm just going to try my best and run as long as I can.  And since I don't have a treadmill, I'll be running around the neighborhood with a stick just in case any stray dogs want to step up.  And Guam has a LOT of stray dogs - big
ones.  

And now that I think of it, a treadmill is a great gift for someone to give me for Valentine's Day.  Right, honey?  Just kidding.  But not really.

So now that I've finally gotten off my ass (which is now hella sore from all the squats and hip lifts), tell me:  What gets you motivated to work out?  Do you just act on your
spontaneous urges and just do it?  Or does it take a little more hyping up and a set schedule to get you moving and keep you going?

Comment below with any motivational tips - it would really help me to overcome this  3-mile hurdle that I have to jump tonight.  And again, Ho.  Lee. Crap!

And ta-da!  My "before" photo as of yesterday morning.  Finally, right?  I would say excuse the mess, but I do have three kids - get over it.







Thanks Duckie for the post of the week! Once I get tired of P90X, I might join the Nike Training bandwagon. :). I have downloaded it, but I already have 3 Fitness apps I been juggling. It would be great if it was all into one....myfitnesspal, P90X and Nike+.


xoxo, K. Lee
 

12 comments:

  1. LOL i cant stop laughing, i love your writing!
    Anyway, you look great for having 3 kids! But I do understand when mommys want to look and feel their best, so keep it up love!
    XOXO
    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duckie does look Fab for being a mom of 3 kiddos.

      xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete
  2. Your hilarious, I love how honest this was. That would be me drinking a glass of wine before I exercise. I couldn't run 3 miles right from the start either. Doesn't chasing around our kids count as an exercise?
    xx, High Heels and Tutus
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have to agree with you:).

      xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and FB?
    Let me know... I will follow you back!!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ill follow your lead, if you ever come back to this blog...

      xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete
  4. I have to try the app I've downloaded saying this will get me motivated to start working out ... You have now motivated me to start next week... Most times for me its a workout partner or a class I really want to take

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave your blog some love!

      xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete
  5. I'm LOVING this series~ I kind of want to join your fit club <3

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join! you can add the link for your other fitness blog or for facebook. :)

      Do it!
      xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete
  6. Lmfao! You and your boobies! I love all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all love you long time! lol.

    xoxo, K.Lee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...