Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Fashion History


Hi Fashion Forward Friends!

So I have been thinking about this for a long time.  I am slowly going to introduce you to what I like to wear once in a while on the blog. So Now that I'm in my 30s but still feeling/looking like I'm in my 20s, I am starting to get inspired by the bloggers and vloggers for a new look. My mother in law is retiring this coming March so I am going to be job hunting soon. With the combination of all the fashionistas that I follow, I will begin to shed my mom gear and try to get more stylin on my own.

For the last 3 years...I have been stalking (in a non threatening way) 3 lovely lady's blogs and 2 Youtubers. Here are my fashion inspirations:

Fashion Bloggers:
Always Maylee - The use of patterns and colors.
The Haute Cookie - simplicity of style in black and white, with great use of simple accessories...but expensive.
Sensible Stylista - Chameleon in human form. She has a very wide range of taste in style. Her name says it all. Sensible Style in a affordable budget and variety style trends.

Beauty/Fashion Youtubers:
Fashionista804 - Like the popular 90s group TLC, her style is Crazy, Sexy, Cool!!
HeyClaire - I want her wardrobe! Her Hair and Her body! In a non creepy way.

 Let me tell you, for a lonnnnnng time...I had no style what so ever!  I only wore what was on sale and comfortable! You young'en probably dont remember, but my mom got the clothes I wore from Gottschalks, Mervyn's and Montgomery Wards.  But for the longest, I had a lot of hand me downs. Don't feel sorry for me, I didn't mind at all. Having 4 siblings, my family accepted that we have what we have and be grateful of what we get. FYI: My dad had a great job, we weren't poor.  My mom was the greatest stay at home (exception : she didn't clean the house, me and my older sister did) I felt like Cinderella at times...lol. With one income, our priorities was everyone gets to play sports year round (this is for 5 kids = EXPENSIVE), get one Brand New tennis shoes/Cleats, and have great family outings when we can.

Anyways,  I basically look like a tomboy for the longest. I cared more about sports then fashion and boys. That's how I rolled for a while. In 6-8th grade., my favorite color was white and blue. I practically wore white and blue (school colors) every day. White Shirts and Blue Jeans with this ugly red and black 49ers jacket. I really wanted a 49ers jacket in 6th or 7th grade. But my parents got me the ugliest one I ever seen and wore...lol. 90's
kids, do you remember the sports bomber jackets around '95? Yeah thats when I wanted one.

In 9-12th grade, this popular girl's older sister who graduated from high school  gave me her hand me down jeans and demin shorts. I got like over 50 pieces of clothing from her/her mother. I was in Heaven. I used all those and few new things (gifts) here and there. I was really skinny back then. I wore a size 0, but had more room...but Sisqo (thong song) was popular then so I was "Cool".

Then when I got to college, I slowly showed more skin than I was used to, and wore whatever skanky tight clothes I can afford for being a poor independent college student budget. I worked as an assistant secretary to the Secretary and Director of the Education Division on a $7 an hour work study program...

After 2002, I was like 20ish. I worked at Forever 21. So I wore F21 and was a walking billboard of Abercrombie, American Eagle and Holister shiznit.

So thats my fashion history...being a 80s baby, I have lived through lots of good and bad fashion trends...now is like a collab of all the fashion eras into one era. kinda cool. I dont know what Im tyoing about now, so Imma bounce out of this now. lol. I need a nap.




xoxo, K. Lee
 

4 comments:

  1. Lol! Girl, you do not want to take a trip down my fashion memory lane! I went from super girly (when I was little) to sporty, to preppy, to goth, to surfer-chick, to skanky, to mom-wear, and now I don't know what my style is anymore! Lol. I think going through all those different phases in my fashion life kinda shaped my style today. I like all kinds of styles and brands from Kate Spade to Hot Topic so when I put outfits together it never really has one certain "style" to it. I'm like a fashion mash-up! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did all styles but GOTH...couldn't be emo, even if i tried...I could feel all depressed and angry but looking but physically show in fashion and makeup...just cant. I love Black...but not that much. lol.

      love your style. you look expensive tho...me likely. Its fun to see you in Beach Babe-Ware and sporting a LV bag...(with your small frame...a suitcase...just kidding...lol).

      xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete
  2. You've ALWAYS been a chica , yes I just believe it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know what that means...but thank you lol.

      xoxo, K.Lee

      Delete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...