Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Fit Club: FUN RUNS

Hey There Sexy Losers...

Losing weight that is...:).

As for me, I'm floating by.  My weigh in tonight is...

01/31/14
02/21/14


Okay Okay, I changed my mind. I wasn't going to write anything today, but its like 8:20pm on a Friday night over here and I'll post something before the day actually ends.

well I am very excited today! I am going to a running event tomorrow Morning called "RUN or DYE".  CLICK HERE to get know more 411 about my race! Not only am I going to be running or should I say jogging this...but My parents and my hubby is going to do it too. We are going to "dress up" and take in the experince for the very first time TOGETHER. I have wanting to do a "color" run for the longest. I have done a Mud run, now get to play in food colored cornstarch! Did I say, I'm excited? lol.



So the Friday Fit Club topic is Fun Runs. There is so many running events out there for you to join. You can be a beginner to a renaissance wo(man). Now a days, groups are coming up events combining running and charity work.  Some examples on top of my head and ran myself are...Diva Half Marathons, See Jane RUN, Mud RUn on the Farm, Baileys Legacy Run, Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 5k. There are lots and lots of 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathons out there. 

Running can be very tedious, hard, painful and even not in some people's vocabulary...because they hate it so much. I totally understand, but I love to run, jog, skip and hop...so it saddens me when I Many times hear "NO, I dont Run". But there are Running events that motivates you to go out there and try your best and well...HAVE FUN! You can take advantage on an upcoming running or walking event to motivate yourself to train or get ready for one. There are ginormous amount of info for "how to train for a 5k (3.1 miles), 10k (6.2 miles), half marathon (13.1 miles) or marathons (26.2 miles) in books, online and word of mouth. 

I was crazy one year to run two half marathons within a month apart from another without training and proper running shoes, but I did it and SURVIVED! It just takes heart and will. The events are FUN. There's always a good celebration afterwards of alcohol and CARBs...who doesn't love that?

Anyways, Not too informative this week, but just a suggestion. Sign up for an event near you. I'm lucky to be living in an area that promotes healthy living and have lots of running event year round. For example CLiCK HERE (FUN RUNS IN THE BAY AREA). Go for yourself or get bunch of your friends and do one together. Add that to some crazy memories to remember.

I will be blogging my first experience of a color run, so look out for that. Have a great weekend everyone!


xoxo, K. Lee
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. You go girl. Best of luck and I love these friday post.
    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I'm so excited for you. I've always wanted to participate in the color run. Take lots of pictures =)

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me, I've never been a fan of running but since the FFC, I've just gotta suck it up and do it. There's a 5k fun run coming up here that I'm thinking about joining - definitely not as fun as the color/dye runs, but it's a start, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...