Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Run or Dye Concord-Vallejo, CA Feb2014


Hello Hello!!

As promised, I vlogged and photoed my experience of Run and Dye. You can watch via Video or keep on reading for those of you who can not access YouTube in your country.



I couldn't sleep the night before the event...I probably only had 2 1/2 to 3 hours of sleep. I was so excited and nervous.  No matter how much I want to sleep, my body tells me otherwise. 

I woke up around 6:00am, did not wake up to my alarm at 5:30am but the text tone of my mom telling me that she is 4 minutes away from my house...yikes, totally jumped out of my bed and started to get ready.


This is me at 7am outside by my car.


This is me, showing my #armcandy for the day. I just notice that my watch/heart monitor is 1 hour fast since I never turned it back for day light savings...lol.


# Selfie / #Carpic


we got to the running event location at 8:00am.  We would have gotten there earlier but we started to go to Concord, CA where we had to pick up our event packets the day before. The running event was in the other direction to Vallejo, CA. It was located at the Solano County Fairgrounds.


 Team #cutecouples
 

Best men in my Life!


My Main Squeeze.



I thought it would be cute to put color on my lips but it also ended up in my mouth. Cornstarch is nasty...


 Us at the starting line. There was not much to do before the race, so we stood here for 30 minutes.


Dad getting his beard painted with dye as we waited. I had to put away my phone because the colorful dyed cornstarch (orange, pink & purple) was going everywhere.
The video above shows some clips of the race...



Officially Ran it in 26.57 minutes...but forgot to turn off my watch...but we (hubby and I) think we could of done way better if we didnt need to dodge and weave through walkers and stollers...:(. Slow pokes...stay on your right! just like cars on the freeway!!


I dont think the dye throwers could reach Warren's Head haha. Looks exactly the same minus the sweat:). Thank you hunny for running with me.:).


My once WHITE Watch!! Pink looks good too:).


FIN!!





My View.


His View.


AfterMath. 

What a trooper.


Mommers and her Favorite.


My Role Models. 35+ years together Strong.


Team #cutecouples




Dad showing off his hat.  Pretty Cool.


Who da Man? You da Man!! Love you, dad!


They are so cute.


With the Parentals.


Watching the DYE ZONE...avoided it...lol. Had enough of that already.


Babes with the In-Laws


It gets everywhere!


Nasty Sweat Stains...I have to admit that I was too fast for the dye throwers that was stationed through out the 3.1 mile course. Puh. 


Me being Me...


I love my Mom.

 
 Dad totally Exhausted from the days before.
  • After traveling from Colorado. He Road Triped to Yuma, Arizona to Modesto, California.
  • Went to a Elvis Event with my mom.
  • went to sleep at 12am day before the race.
  •  He woke up at 3am. 
  • Drove to my house around 5am. 
  • walked 3.1 miles in 50 minutes.
My parents are the best, I tell you. 


 We rewarded ourselves with IN and Out. In and Out in Pinole, CA...get your shit together. The worse fries and burgers ever...from In and Out.  My mom doesnt complain much but she thinks your fries sucks. But not that stopped us from eating them.
 Service and Cleanliness on point nonetheless.

That was when my phone died. The rest...

  • drove home
  • said goodbye to my parents (1 1/2 hour drive back for my parents...my dad was driving so it takes him longer to get home...ekekek.)  One time, I asked him why he drives so slow (65mph or 70mph) ...he said "I have precious cargo in the vehicle" (meaning me or anyone with him) AWE.
  • took a shower. plain soap (Carass, Irish Spring, SoftSoap) doesn't do it...DAWN dish Washing soap works!
  • Took a nap
Thanks for reading!! Now go sign up one at your local fun run or whatevs...:).
Put some color to your world!...

Dont forget to enter my makeup giveaway for U.S. Residents ONLY.!!


http://leemuse.blogspot.com/2014/02/makeup-monday-giveaway.html
It Ends on March 10th.

xoxo, K. Lee
 

4 comments:

  1. How fun. Looked like you had a blast and your dad is a trooper.
    xx, michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is so cute - love the shoes!! I did the color run last year and it was so much fun! It looks like you had a great time too :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh this looks like so much fun!! I have always wanted to do a run like this!
    It looks amazing and haha I love the way you look after with all the paint/color on you! Your dad is so nice to run with you !

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness this is so stinkin fun, its not fair!
    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...