Sunday, June 29, 2014

MY TAKE: on HeyClaire's Simplified Bibimbap

Hello Fabulous babes!!

So One of my favorite YouTube Channel is Claire Marshall / HeyClaire. She did a simplified version of bibimbap on her channel not too long ago. I had all the ingredients but sesame oil in the fridge and pantry...I gave it a go.

I have made bibimbap before but everything was store bought and the veggies and side dishes were so high in sugar and salt  This is pretty tasty for having minimal ingredients. I do use gochujang hot pepper paste for a lot of stuff but never mixed honey to it...makes a world of a difference.

I took a picture of the soy sauce but I forgot to use it in my dish. Claire also had kimchi in her recipe...but this mom didn't have kimchi at home.  It doesnt last long in this house:).  I used my myfitnesspal app and the recipe for one serving of the meal i made for myself. It came out to about 397 Calories. Pretty dang good for those who are counting and watching their calorie intake!!

 WHAT YOU NEED:

SOY SAUCE, HoT PEPPER PASTE (GOCHUJANG) AND HONEY
1 FRIED EGG
1 CUP OF BROWN RICE
1/2 TBS OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
 
BABY KALE
CHOPPED GREEN ONIONS
 wHAT YOU DO:
 1. saute your veggie.
ON HIGH HEAT, HEAT YOUR EVOO.

ADD KALE / SPINACH
MEDIUM HEAT
SAUTE
TURN OFF ONCE IT LOOKS COOKED AND SET ASIDE
 2.Fried Egg.


3.Make sauce/Paste.
MIX 1 TBS OF GOCHUJANG AND 1 TBS OF HONEY. SOY SAUCE IS OPTIONAL

THE PASTE WILL MAKE THIS MUCH.

4.Put ingredients together.
MIX WITH RICE.

ADD VEGGIE

ADD EGG AND ONION (NOT PICTURED)
AfterMath:
PIC OF HALF EATEN BIBIMBAP
you can add whatever you want in the bibimbap, but I just used what I had and try to have minimal carbs and calories. Enjoy!!

XOXO,
K.Lee

Find me on Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried bibimbap. I know, I am a disgrace to my Korean people. Lol. This looks really yummy though, and you know that whenever you post about food, it makes me want to go and try it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments! I check my comments all the time, so PLEASE do not to ask for a favor to follow each other, JUST follow me and I will definitely return the favor! Just leave your website or blog address, and Ill go check it out! Thank Again and Enjoy your time here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...